Congratulations to Dr. Piotr Przanowski, a Research Associate in the lab of Dr. Sanchita Bhatnatar, for being one of 5 finalists whose mentoring exemplifies the selflessness and dedication of a stellar mentor. Piotr has risen to the top of nominee list, as one of the five who will compete in the final round. His competition includes his peers listed below.
- Alexandria Holland (University of Nottingham)
- Piotr Przanowski (University of Virginia)
- Nicole Bertoletti (Yale University)
- Daniel Lam (Technical University of Munich)
- Isha Sharma (Northwestern University)
“Over last 3 years at UVA he mentored more than 10 undergraduate students and 2 master students. His dedication to “not only learn but also teach” is exquisite. All of his students who already graduated, started medical or graduate school. During the training Dr. Przanowski focuses on teaching not only basic techniques, like cloning, cell culture or mice handling, but also critical scientific thinking. His students received awards for science projects conducted under his mentoring (i.e. The Double Hoo Research Grant, The Harrison Undergraduate Research Award). They are also authors of multiple scientific articles.” Roza (University of Virginia)
Terms and Conditions of the Award
- Only nominators from Universities and Research Institutions are eligible to take part in this competition.
- Nominees must be based in a University Institution or research lab in the US or Europe.
- All Winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this contest, the winners acknowledge that Proteintech has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. These activities may include the following: An interview, featuring on Proteintech blog/website, and associated press releases.
- Any applications submitted after this date will not be eligible.
- Nominators can only enter one nominee. Any further entries will not be eligible. Nominators must complete the application form in full.
- The winner will be decided by a public voting process once Proteintech Group has shortlisted the entries. The shortlist of nominees will be made at Proteintech Group’s discretion.
- The $1000 award (or local currency equivalent) will be paid to the University laboratory or Research Institution to support the research of the awardee.
- Award will not be awarded to employees of for-profit organizations (i.e. biotech or pharmacological companies).
- The finalists will be contacted by email and also announced online.
- By submitting this application, you agree to receive information from Proteintech. Your information will never be sold or used by a third party.
- Proteintech has the right to terminate this award at any time during the process.
- During voting process, each participant may only vote once per day.