Congratulations to Nadine on her SFN award for 2018.
Nadine is a current MSTP Student in the lab of Dr. Michael McConnell.
Dear Nadine Michel,
On behalf of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN), SfN’s Professional Development Committee, and its Diversity in Neuroscience Subcommittee (DINS), it is our pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as a Neuroscience Scholars Program (NSP) Fellow. Congratulations on this achievement! NSP provides underrepresented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in neuroscience with career development and networking opportunities to help them toward future success.
NSP Fellow Benefits
In addition to the features of the NSP Associates program, you will benefit from:
- A mentoring team consisting of a senior mentor and a member of the Diversity in Neuroscience Subcommittee. The team will discuss a fellow’s research, career plans, and overall experience.
- Two years of complimentary SfN membership.
- A travel award to attend the SfN annual meeting each fall during the two-year program.
- Up to $1,500 in enrichment funds to support allowed professional development activities.
Your attendance at Neuroscience 2018 is required. The meeting will be held November 3–7 in San Diego, CA. SfN staff will work with you to book your transportation to the meeting and your hotel. If you have already made travel arrangements, contact email@example.com.
Required events at the meeting include:
- Short Course 3: Power Dynamics in Academia — Friday, November 2, 1–5:30 p.m.
- Neuroscience Scholars Program Dinner — Friday, November 2, 7–9 p.m.
- Diversity Poster Session: Saturday, November 3, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- NSP Mentoring Breakfast: Sunday, November 4, 8–10 a.m.
- Diversity Reception: Monday, November 5, 7–8 p.m.
Complete this form by Tuesday, August 14, to accept your NSP fellowship. We also request that you provide preliminary information for the Diversity Fellows Poster Session by Tuesday, August 21. SfN will send additional information over the coming weeks regarding your 2018–2020 fellowship, which includes an online orientation in advance of Neuroscience 2018.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Gina Poe and Julio Ramirez
Co-Directors, Neuroscience Scholars Program
Filed Under: Highlights